Raffle

Streamline the Build with 360° Images: Webinar Raffle!

Streamline the Build with 360° Images: Webinar Raffle!
Userlevel 2

Thanks to everyone who is able to join us for
the Streamline the Build with 360° Images webinar.

🎉 We are raffling off one RTIC Cooler (Blue Grey Size 20)! 🎉

Complete the steps outlined below to be entered into the raffle. You need to participate by Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 11:59 PM PDT.

What to do to be entered into the raffle! (It’s as easy as 1-2-3 🤓)

1. ✅  Be a registered member of the OpenSpace Community.

2. 🙂 Attend the Streamline the Build with 360° Images webinar live OR watch the recording that will be sent out after the event.

3. 📝  Comment on this post responding to the question:
    “How has technology helped your teams streamline processes or workflows?”

NOTE: All 3 steps must be completed in order to be eligible for the raffle prize!

The RTIC Cooler winner will be announced in the Community on Thursday, August 4, 2022. Stay tuned!

14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

The integration with the Bim model and the 3D captures has made life easier! When it comes to owner meetings, QA/QC, look-backs/look-a-heads, etc OpenSpace makes it all seamless and very enjoyable to work with. Also makes it easy to to showcase our work to clients and future partners.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Making work faster and more intuitive, using all kinds of technologies to be the best in our company, offering customers the solutions they are looking for.

Badge

Greater control over the entire construction site and easier documentation.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The ways the that Openspace has streamlined processes with my company are the following:-

• commercial aspect - to capture items on site to then marry up with the 3D  model to check if contractor has installed in the correct space allocated on the GA drawings to ensure that no inferred works are created due to error
  • Spatial analysis -  understand how much room is allocated for items 
  • Date transition / Planning - seeing progress between two dates and feed in to the current programme/schedule
  • Snaggable items - check work that has been completed and need to be redone due to quality or incorrect install
  • ease of viewability - access on and off site via laptop/iPad - anywhere in the world - access offline to raise issues and capability to sync once online
Userlevel 1
Badge

With companies limiting travel and the rise in travel costs we have used Open space to walk through project locations and share with construction personnel to help them bid jobs and answer RFIs.  This has reduced costs with travel and reduced confusion with certain aspects of the project.  We have also used it to report out the progress of the project with Senior Management. 

Badge +1

We have been able to utilize OpenSpace to cut down on site visits from out-of-town architects/engineers/consultants/etc., eliminate the need to physically go out in the field to look at every issue, convey progress to ownership, and prevent rework (e.g. finding the location of a buried wire through old captures instead of cutting out drywall until it’s found). This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how technology (specifically OpenSpace) has helped us improve our efficiency and streamline processes. My current project is located on the side of a ski mountain, so just being able to cut down on the amount of times we have to hike from our job trailer, down at the bottom of the mountain, up to the site is worth it in and of itself - saving time, money, and my legs.

Badge

Technology has made it much easier to track revisions and costs allow for less mistakes, less revisions, and faster turnaround. It also allows us to deliver a product more closely aligned to what our clients are looking for. 

Openspace has been great for documentation and the consultants with a smaller scope making it less financially feasible for site visits to see what is going on site and give more accurate advice.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Technology has really helped streamline our process by allowing us to visit jobsites without having to take the time to drive out to our sites. We have also started to use the fieldnotes which are proving to be extremely helpful having everything in one place and the reporting is another amazing tool!    

Badge

Technology has helped us communicate effectively across dispersed teams. We’re now sharing folders of captures with clients which has helped them not live in the home when it’s being renovated and feel confident discussing visual information.

Userlevel 2

I’m LOVING the responses so far! Thank you to everyone that has contributed! We want to hear more, so we are extending the raffle deadline to next Wednesday August 3rd, 11:59 PM PDT. The winner will be announced on Thursday August 4th 🎉😎

Badge

I love the idea and the technology / AI behind OpenSpace.  It completely changes the traditional workflows for documenting a jobsite and communicating information between the various stakeholders.  It was a journey to get here and find OpenSpace, and I am so glad that I did.  This platform provides a solution to so many reoccurring time-consuming traditional daily/weekly tasks, and hence will without a doubt be adopted throughout the industry at a rapid clip from the top down (starting with the biggest CMs and Mechanical Contractors) and also just via word of mouth.  There are so many use cases such as for scheduling, dispute resolution, communication with offsite individuals (BIM, PX, estimators, owners, etc.), future presentations, observations / constructability / learning, etc.  What makes it a total win is that it is all just so fast to do.  A turnkey solution.

The sales team and team of developers are awesome to work with as well!  I love the side-by-side compare functionality that allows you to compare varying capture dates as well the current BIM model (although I wish there was a way to get the navigation functionality “walking feet” similar to Navisworks, but I have gotten used to Autodesk Forge enough to make my way around.  It would be great if the viewpoints from Navisworks were also available for use.  Maybe in a future update).

I love the integration with the iPhone, iPad, PC, etc.  With the features that are available they are very smooth.  There have been a few instances where I was unable to progress further within the app due to weak internet connection, which was frustrating, but that is the problem of the environment and not the platform.  It would be nice if there was some kind of cache or recent local storage of the last capture so that even with weak internet it would still operating smoothly regardless of internet speed.  I have discovered a few inconsistencies between platforms as well. i.e. the iPhone does not allow you to view the BIM model in a side by side, the iPad doesn’t allow you to crop the drawings within the app (to my knowledge) although you can log-on to the web url via the iPad to accomplish this, etc.

This is the future!  I am sure that this is only the tip of the iceberg for what is going to be capable by the software over the next 5-10 years.  It will only continue to improve with each new hardware product release as well as each new software iteration.  I am really excited to see what the future has in store for us all.  

Badge

one way tech has helps us be more efficient with our time.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m LOVING the responses so far! Thank you to everyone that has contributed! We want to hear more, so we are extending the raffle deadline to next Wednesday August 3rd, 11:59 PM PDT. The winner will be announced on Thursday August 4th 🎉😎

Hello Gabe who is the winner !!! :)

Userlevel 2

Congratulations to @dealant for winning the webinar raffle! I will DM you for your info so we can ship you your prize.

THANK YOU to everyone who participated. Keep an eye out for our next raffle for another chance to win a prize. We have our Waypoint conference coming up October 5th and there will no doubt be several raffles and giveaways so make sure to register!