2022 End of Year Competition and Thank You!

• 18 November 2022
  • 14 replies
2022 End of Year Competition and Thank You!
Userlevel 5

🎉 2022 End of Year Competition 🎉

We are nearing the end of the year, and before we wrap, we'd like to share our last competition for 2022! A fun game some of you might be familiar with called Mad Libs could provide a unique way to learn about each other and what you've done this year. 

As we are rapidly growing and seeing more faces in this Community, we'd love to gather a recap of your experience this year in the OpenSpace Community. Let’s take this moment in the holiday season to pause, reflect, and connect before kicking off an exciting new year together!

Rules:

Below is the template for the Mad Libs activity. Copy the information and fill it out. Then paste your Mad Libs story in the comments below. {Bonus entry for an image too -- see below for details!}

Hi! My name is ________________. I grew up in ______________________, and I work as a _____________________ at ________________________. 
My all-time favorite building or structure is ______________________ built by _________________ in ___________________ because of its _________________________.
My favorite thing about using OpenSpace is _______________________. What I enjoy most about being part of the OpenSpace Community is __________________________. 

To wrap the year up, what I'm looking forward to this holiday season is _________________ or ____________!

How to Enter:

Each submission counts as one entry. An additional entry can be gained if you want to add an image that sticks out the most to you this year while on the job! It could be you with team members, working on your favorite project, or using OpenSpace -- be creative! 📸

All entries will be collected until December 16th at 11:59 PM PST. One winner will be randomly chosen to receive the gift card. The winner will be announced on December 19th via this post and DM. What will you receive, you wonder? We are giving away a 💰 $250 Amazon Gift Card 💰 just before the holidays pass! Use it as a last-minute gift, a personal treat-yourself gift, or for an upcoming special event. Either way, we hope you enjoy it.

We are so grateful for everyone that is part of this OpenSpace Community. Our members are unlike any other, with all the incredible ideas you surface, the thoughtful comments to support others, and your dedication and activity in this space. We honestly couldn't create such a fulfilling Community without you all. Thank you for a wonderful year and we look forward to the next with bigger and better things to come!

With gratitude,

The OpenSpace Community 💙

14 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi! My name is Olivier Vanlandeghem. I grew up in Brussels (Belgium), and I work as a Project Manager at TST BAT
My all-time favorite building or structure is the Burj Khalifa built by promotor Emaar in Dubai because of its height and for its difficulty and complexity of building on sand.
My favorite thing about using OpenSpace is having fun when subcontractors are looking at me like I am a martian while I am capturing 🙂 more seriously, my favorite thing about OpenSpace is how much time I save by capturing and the ease of using the app. I can’t imagine going back and take thousands of pictures and mapping them… . What I enjoy most about being part of the OpenSpace Community is how you guys listen to us when we have ideas. You listen to your customers and adapt the product in function of our needs, and that’s magical !  

To wrap the year up, what I'm looking forward to this holiday season is to receive the new insta 360 RS-1 from Santa Claus or visit the R&D section of OpenSpace, and to have a small talk with them !

Picture below is when I went to “Digital Construction Day” in Brussels to meet Martijn Tijhof and Sander Lijbers from OpenSpace. I ended up sharing my experience with visitors an had a blast ! 

Userlevel 2

Hi! My name is Miguel Sanchez. I grew up in Yucatan, Mexico, and I work as a BIM Coordinator at Constructora y Edificadora GIA+A
My all-time favorite building or structure is the now extinct Mexico City New Airport (NAICM) built by a partnership between ICA, CARSO, GIA+A and others in Mexico because of its volume of construction and complexity of design, even in the Foundation construction phase it looked massive.
My favorite thing about using OpenSpace is to have a time machine of the jobsite in the palm of my hand, and amaze my teammates with this. . What I enjoy most about being part of the OpenSpace Community is how OpenSpace trough this community keeps in touch with us the users, and how interested are you in listening our comments and ideas.

To wrap the year up, what I'm looking forward to this holiday season is to reach a pair of OpenSpace socks like the ones @Gerard O'Donnell have, and maybe Santa send them with a Halo SL by Illumagear too😁

I don´t have any photo in an OpenSpace event, but i can show how my mood change when we changed from photo capture to the video capture and saved a lot of working hours.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi! My name is Rebekah. I grew up in a small town in northern Michigan on the shore of Lake Huron, and I work as a project engineer at Granger Construction
My all-time favorite building or structure is a sweet shabby rabbit hutch built by yours truly in my backyard because of its expert design by me when I was 12 years old.
My favorite thing about using OpenSpace is that I can use it like a time machine and go back to early construction reviewing underground and in-wall. What I enjoy most about being part of the OpenSpace Community is socializing with others who share ideas and knowledge. And all the great prizes, giveaways & games!

To wrap the year up, what I'm looking forward to this holiday season is lots of snow or a trip to the mountains !

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi! My name is Gerard O’Donnell. I grew up in New York, and I work as a construction superintendent at Lendlease
My all-time favorite building or structure is 53W53 built by Lendlease in 2015-2020 because of its unique complicated structural design, incredible views of Central Park and midtown Manhattan and the fact that it was my first building.
My favorite thing about using OpenSpace is how easy it is to use and its ability to show the journey of how a space starts as some dirt and transitions into concrete and then ultimately a finished space. What I enjoy most about being part of the OpenSpace Community is how helpful and responsive the people are

To wrap the year up, what I'm looking forward to this holiday season is dressing up on the site again as Santa!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Miguel Sánchez my wife stole the socks for herself so I could use another pair from Santa too!

Userlevel 2

@Miguel Sánchez my wife stole the socks for herself so I could use another pair from Santa too!

It seems like Santa is gonna to make a big order of socks this year!

Userlevel 3

I also want a pair of socks  😄

Userlevel 7

I am enjoying these entries so far! Very entertaining to read through 😄
Also, who knew our Community LOVES socks so much!? 🤣 
(OpenSpace Santa may or may not be taking notes here...)

For anyone else wanting to participate
for a chance to win the $250 Amazon gift card:

Reminder that you have TWO WEEKS left to submit!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi! My name is Alexander. I grew up in Wichita, KS, and I work as a mechanical design engineer at Professional Engineering Consultants

My all-time favorite building or structure is my chicken coop/run built by me in 2021/2022 because I designed/built it myself and this city kid is now part farmer! (3 chickens count me as a farmer right?)

My favorite thing about using OpenSpace is the speed of capturing an entire space in a string of 3D images. What I enjoy most about being part of the OpenSpace Community is seeing my ideas get implemented as features

To wrap the year up, what I'm looking forward to this holiday season is board games with family and friends!

Hi! My name is Sheine O’Brien. I grew up in London, England, and I work as a Quality Assurance Manager at Ardmore
My all-time favourite building or structure is my Aunts house built by my Uncle in County Galway Ireland because of its tie to nostalgic memories of my childhood.
My favourite thing about using OpenSpace is the amount of evidence we can capture and record with such simplicity. What I enjoy most about being part of the OpenSpace Community is the sense of involvement in its development. 

To wrap the year up, what I'm looking forward to this holiday season is good food and better company!

Userlevel 5

REMINDER: This contest closes tomorrow, December 16th at 11:59 PM PST.

If you are still interested in sharing your Mad Libs experience, and for a bonus entry adding an image, there’s still time! 

👇

The winner will be announced on December 19th via this post and DM. 

Hi! My name is Chad Coyier. I grew up in Mineral Point, Wisconsin, and I work as the Owner at Vector Drone Service

My all-time favorite building or structure is Camp Randall Stadium built by Arthur Peabody Berners in Madison Wisconsin because of its great college football team the Badgers!.

My favorite thing about using OpenSpace is the straightforward ease of use what I enjoy most about being part of the OpenSpace Community is the inclusivity

To wrap the year up, what I'm looking forward to this holiday season is more time with family and a new drone compatible with Openspace!

Userlevel 5

Thank you to everyone who submitted to this contest and shared a bit about yourself. It was inspiring to learn new things from our members, such as where they are located, their favorite projects, and what they look forward to this holiday season! The pictures were also a great addition. Connecting and bringing people together is truly important in this space, and we hope this post did just that.

The time is here to announce the winner of the End-of-Year Competition 2022! Drum roll, please… 🥁

🎉 The winner is @Olivier Vanlandeghem, congratulations! 🎉

Please be on the lookout for a DM from the Community team. 

Userlevel 3

Yeeeeeyyy !!!! Thank you ! 😁