360 Camera Lens Protectors

• 18 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Okay gang, I need your help on finding a lens protector. As you may know the Insta360 OneRs len can be replaced if damaged, but the Ricoh Theta Z1 can not. The Z1 has better quality and is more expensive but if scratched it is done for. I tried using a Insta360 OneX lens protector but it didnt work out. Anyone have something that works?

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I’d still love to hear others if they have input here!

But @Cwahl -- you’ve been throwing out great swag ideas for our future giveaways. Would a good lens protector for the Z1 be appealing? 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’d still love to hear others if they have input here!

But @Cwahl -- you’ve been throwing out great swag ideas for our future giveaways. Would a good lens protector for the Z1 be appealing? 😉

You know I will go all out for a good prize lol. That would be a great giveaway item!

P.S 

I am full of untapped ideas of all kinds( product, swag, competitions..etc).

Userlevel 7

@Cwahl I want to hear all your untapped ideas!!! 😃

Userlevel 3
Badge

I agree here, some sort of protection for the Z1 would be a great help. They are quite expensive and it might be worth looking into providing cases like the one below (despite the fact it does not have great reviews, just an idea)

https://www.adorama.com/irctw1.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw682TBhATEiwA9crl36_6_z5jBeX7Nsi0hqEPfZeNrHes0d0rDuKUuALrCCTCE_WCP1AnDxoCN54QAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAjw682TBhATEiwA9crl36_6_z5jBeX7Nsi0hqEPfZeNrHes0d0rDuKUuALrCCTCE_WCP1AnDxoCN54QAvD_BwE&utm_source=adl-gbase-p

We had a scare with a camera dropping that caused a small scuff on the lens. Thankfully it has not effected our captures but these cameras do seem fragile when they are held on by a magnet on a hard-hat. Coming from a tall dude, I hit my head a lot on scaffolding hahaha