Any OpenSpace "easter eggs" in your captures?

• 5 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Has anyone taken a capture and gotten a photo of something they weren’t expecting?  This one is hard to see, but I took a videowalk and came across a deer.  I wouldn’t have found him in my photos by looking at it, but he snuck up on me and scared the dangdoodle out of me (my apologies to all hunters that are shaking their heads right now):

Anyone else have some good shots or funny stories?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Can’t say I have found any Easter eggs yet but I do find some trades I walk past that will have a some good looks on there faces when they see me with a camera on my hard hat. Makes for a good conversation usually the next day. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@E_M_KC I get the same looks no matter how many times you let them know you will be taking  captures. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

No eggs but we are working on a slide show of all the awkward pose captures. every once in a while i get captured in the funniest pose or an awkward body position. Enough to make it worth a slide show so we can laugh at ourselves.. i know we’re working here but we can still have fun . Right??

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Love this topic… I actually did a capture specifically for finding Easter eggs! My thought was to use it as a training tool for making field notes. Here’s how it goes:

So… On St. Patrick’s day, I printed out “7 Lucky Shamrocks”, and posted them around on one of our floors. Then I just did a video capture and created a field note of each one for an “Answer Key”. Then exported a report of those field notes and then deleted them so others couldn’t see where I hid them! 

Userlevel 5

@Anodizedfate This is hilarious and such a great post! It’s always funny to see the facial expressions of others as the capturer walks by….I’m sure the deer felt the same way. Keep these coming! 

@JMandersPHX What a creative training tactic! Was it received well?