Community Summer

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I would like to see the community do something that was a fun collaborative competition. This would be a fun way to get to know others and work with people that are within the industry. You could enter if you wanted then the teams could be selected from that group of people. Just a fun idea.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I really like the idea of something team based.  Good opportunity to meet and interact with more people.  Great idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Gerard 

Userlevel 7

Love this idea @Cwahl @Gerard

One question: Do you think construction professionals would take the time to participate? I know you all love OpenSpace 😅 so you’d definitely do it. But if we were to plan this out, we want to make sure we have the right activities and incentives to get enough people involved to form teams. Let me know if you have more ideas on this and we will try to incorporate them as we structure it.

Also, to clarify, are you interested in meeting and collaborating with others outside of your project/company for the competition (teams would be made up of people from different companies) or do you want to form teams within your own projects/companies and then compete with other projects/companies?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@nikiya Will have to think a little bit on your first point.  The second I would definitely prefer to team up with and interact with people from other companies/cites.  I already spend too much time with the people I work with haha.  

Something that might be an interesting idea is having a few Team Captains that are in charge of recruiting people to their teams.  So take your top x number of contributors and have them get a few people involved.  End up having people “cold call” or really just message random people in the community to get active.  Which may or may not work.  And you have a reward level for teams and a different reward level for captains to incentivize them doing the extra leg work.

So just as an example, 

Week 1: Announce competition

Week 2: Captains are private messaged by OpenSpace to volunteer (start with most active person and work way down the list)

Week 3: Enough Captains agreed so you have a handful of teams

Week 4+5: Captains have 2 weeks to get team members (no idea how large) - Reward for captain who assembles team first? or some kind of incentive

Week 6+: The actual contest.  

Not sure if this is too long of a thing as its like a 2 month timeline, but I think something similar to this could work.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That is a great example @Gerard 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks @Cwahl 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for laying that out @Gerard! We are internally working through some ideas 😊 Not sure if we’d be able to execute this summer already, but something is definitely in the works before the year ends. Stay tuned! Thanks for the original idea @Cwahl 🙏Love the creative suggestions from you all -- it really helps us plan more fun initiatives.