Competition

I Love Construction - Competition

• 5 February 2022
  • 8 replies
I Love Construction - Competition
Userlevel 7

Another month, another chance to win big with OpenSpace!

February is all about love  :cupid:  We want to see your love for construction (or OpenSpace!) in one photo.

:camera_with_flash: You could share a picture of your favorite part of your day or your job, what inspired you to join construction in the first place, a lovingly made meme, and more. Love comes in all shapes and sizes, so the possibilities are endless!

The top two entries (it’s Valentine’s after all, so why not pick A COUPLE to be winners!) that get the most love (aka most votes) from our Community will win a very special Valentine’s gift :gift: – with love of course, from OpenSpace :heart_eyes:

The prize (our Valentine’s gift to the winner!):

• A selection of Valentine’s gift cards that could include
    :airplane:  Travel (Airbnb, cruise, travel deals, etc.)
    :full_moon_with_face:  Wellness (Spa experiences)
    :projector:  Movies
    :credit_card:  General (Visa, Amazon)
    NOTE - The exact selection provided to the winners would vary depending on the country

• Depending on what the winners have planned for their Valentine’s Day celebrations, they could choose which gift card they would want to redeem from the selection

• :first_place:  The TOP 1 winner (most number of votes) will get a $200 gift card

• :second_place:  The TOP 2 winner (second most number of votes) will get a $100 gift card

• And we’ll throw in a handwritten love letter from OpenSpace as well :love_letter:

How the competition works:

• :hammer_pick:   From Monday, Feb 7 to Sunday, Feb 13, submit your photos showcasing your love for construction. Be creative with this! Are you going to take the romantic approach? The comedic approach? Or are you going to combine both and take the romcom approach? (Yes, we welcome memes!)

•  :ballot_box:  From Monday, Feb 7 to Sunday, Feb 13, Community members can vote on the entries that are their favorites by liking the photos.

•  :trophy:  By 11:59 PM PST on Sunday, Feb 13, the entry with the most number of votes (likes) will be declared the winner. 

•  :heart:  On Valentine’s Day, Monday, Feb 14, the winners and the winning photos will be featured not only in the OpenSpace Community, but throughout all of OpenSpace’s social media platforms as well.

How to submit photo(s) and enter the competition (to showcase your love this Valentine’s season):

• You’d need to be a registered OpenSpace Community member in order to participate and submit a reply to this post. If you are not an OpenSpace Community member and you want to participate, feel free to register and join the Community! There are no restrictions to joining as long as you work in/with the construction industry.

• Reply to this post with the image you want to submit. Standard image files are accepted (we highly recommend jpg or png). Feel free to add a name/description in the image caption if you’d like, but it’s not required. (See screenshots below on how to reply, upload image, and add caption)
    Hint: Adding a name to your submitted photo is a good way to make sure you can easily identify your entry out of all the submissions.

• You can submit as many different photos as you want, but if you’re going to submit multiple entries, make sure to submit each photo separately as its own reply. This way, they can all be considered separately for voting. Submissions containing multiple photos in one reply will be disqualified. 

REMINDER: This is a public competition, so make sure to only submit photos that can be viewed by the public. Do not share information or images that should remain confidential.

How to vote for your favorite photo(s) (to help spread the love this Valentine’s season):

• You’d need to be a registered OpenSpace Community member in order to participate and vote on submissions. If you are not an OpenSpace Community member and you want to vote, feel free to register and join the Community! There are no restrictions to joining as long as you work in/with the construction industry.

• All OpenSpace Community members can vote for their favorite photo(s) by liking the reply. 

• The reply (with the submitted image) with the most number of likes (votes) by 11:59 PM PST on Sunday Feb 13 wins. 

• The winner will be announced in the OpenSpace Community on Feb 14. Social media posts will follow after. OpenSpace will coordinate with the winner in sending the gift card.

• If you submit a photo and want to increase your chances of winning, we welcome you sharing it with your network. Feel free to share the link to this Community post and encourage others to vote for your submission.

Happy Valentine’s Season! We at OpenSpace love every single one of you for taking this journey with us to push the construction industry forward :construction_site:

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I love how construction has it’s own language and a simple word like “DONE” is vast in its meaning and bound by nothing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

One of the things I love most about construction is being apart of building something that you can actually see and show people when you are walking down the street.  There is something really cool and impressive when someone asks you what you do and you can just respond with look up or look over there.  One of the first dates that I had with the woman who I am lucky enough to call my wife was like that when we were having a picnic in Central Park and I was able to point out where my job was from our picnic blanket!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Three things I love about TOP GOLF construction.

1.) Look how organized it is!!!!!!

2.) I might get a few rounds at this driving range!!!!!!

3.) Everyone asking me “Am I being recorded on that helmet camera, that’s really cool.”

My Answer: ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯   ✌️(ツ)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Seeing daily progress from the outside! Concrete decks slowly growing, then curtainwall inching up the building. And knowing the chaos happening on the inside to get interiors complete that most people will never see.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Roses are Red
The Sky is Blue
Welding is Hot, Just like You <3

The Framers are Behind
MEP Rough-In is Late 
Will someone please, just meet the schedule dates?
​​​​
Construction is a Grind
Everyday is a Fight
Thankfully we have OpenSpace, and #ClearSight

Userlevel 7

LOVE all these submissions!!! You’re all getting me excited for Valentine’s :heart_eyes:

Final reminder that we’re down to the last few days to either get your photos or votes in! We will announce the winners on Monday 2/14. 

Userlevel 7

CONGRATULATIONS to our two winners!

First Place - @JMandersPHX (Jeff, that poem is the highlight of our Valentine’s Day :cupid: )

Second Place - @dcueva 

We will be announcing the winner on social media later today, and we will coordinate giving away the prizes (winners, make sure to check your DMs in the Community).

As always, thanks to all the participants (cc @Anodizedfate @Gerard @KevLyons). Every single submission was loving, creative, and entertaining :heart_eyes:  Keep checking the Community for more opportunities to participate and win in the future!

Userlevel 7

And to close this competition, I wanted to share one of my first experiences that showed me why I love construction. Obviously this isn’t part of the competition and I can’t win any of the prizes anymore :wink:

These photos show baby Nikiya (very grainy because they’re many years old) when I was still in college studying construction management. Our Structures class took a field trip to the Bay Bridge, when the seismically unsound span was being replaced (it was the most expensive public works project in California history, and as of 2014, the world’s widest bridge according to the Guinness World Records!).

I thought it was SO COOL that I could take these photos, standing and sitting on the bridge, without being run over by all the vehicles that now use this bridge. :sweat_smile: I regret not taking a photo of me lying down! Anyway, this was one of the exciting things for me about being in construction -- we can be part of and build many historical structures (even before the public can experience them!). We are building the world of the present and the future :heart: