Video capture adoption by sub contractors

• 2 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I recently went back to the first jobsite that I setup with OpenSpace for my company.  They were having an issue and wanted to photo capture every floor to document this particular day so although I trained some people to do captures they wanted a little help to divide and conquer the whole project (44 story building).  I also may have wanted to test my new Ricoh theta out…. What was awesome to see is that one of our subcontractors was walking the jobsite with a helmet camera.  So I immediately stopped him and asked what was up and it was a project manager who was testing out OpenSpace for use on their projects.  This is the same PM who has sat in coordination meetings on this site where we used the photos and walkthroughs from our captures and thought of the benefit it would have his company in documenting work in place and having a record to use for conditions.  Really was awesome to see and hopefully it gets a lot more adoption and less people ask why you are wearing a gopro on your head.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Also just looking at the captures now and WOW what a difference in the ones with the theta vs our other ones (one X2).  Highly recommend upgrading. 

Userlevel 7

@Gerard O'Donnell I loved reading this! Thank you for sharing this experience. Was it your use of OpenSpace that inspired the PM to try it for himself, or had he been seeing OpenSpace being used widely so he wanted to try it?

Userlevel 7

Also just looking at the captures now and WOW what a difference in the ones with the theta vs our other ones (one X2).  Highly recommend upgrading. 

@Gerard O'Donnell Would you be able to share comparison photos? 😀 (if you are able to do so without confidentiality issues, of course) @Andrew Northshield recently posted about Capture Quality Comparison, and while he specifies the Insta360 One RS 1”, I think it would just be cool to start seeing comparisons across different cameras! 📸

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Absolutely I will try to put something together and post.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

And @Nikiya Crisostomo yeah it was specifically our use of it in project meetings