2/9/22 Webinar Wednesday: Inside the OpenSpace Lab

• 9 February 2022
  • 7 replies
2/9/22 Webinar Wednesday: Inside the OpenSpace Lab
Userlevel 4

Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2/9/22 Webinar Wednesday: Inside the OpenSpace Lab! If you were not able to attend live but still want to participate in the activities below to win some rewards, you can watch the recording here.

:bulb:  Free brainstorming lunch with our Product Team

If you want to get the chance to be picked for a free brainstorming lunch with our Product Team, make sure you do the following by Friday, February 11, 2022, 11:59 PM PST.

1. Be a registered member of the OpenSpace Community

2. Reply to this post and answer this question, “What problem are you facing on your site or sites today that you think OpenSpace could help solve and why?” By the deadline, the Product Team will review all replies, pick their favorite(s), and invite the associated Community member(s) to a free lunch, diving deeper into the submitted ideas.

:gift:  Raffle to win a $150 gift card

If you want to be entered into the raffle to win a $150 gift card, make sure you do the following by Friday, February 11, 2022, 11:59 PM PST.

1. Be a registered member of the OpenSpace Community

2. Complete this super quick 2-question survey.

Feel free to also reply to this post for any of the following reasons:

• If you have any other questions or comments that we did not get to discuss during the webinar
  • If you want to continue networking with other attendees (introduce yourself in the comments and meet other OpenSpace users!)

7 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,

While I was walking through the Job Site yesterday I was thinking about additional uses of Open Space and our Safety Audits came to mind. Currently we use another software to measure our safety metrics and I think it would be extremely useful to combine the two in one walk through. Alternately you could identify safety hazards on the job in the field notes for example. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Everyone,
Often clients are requesting visuals on projects to watch them progress. This is even more valuable when a client is in a different city than the project. Openpsace is a great tool for this since it allows clients to walk through the space virtually via the captures. This lets them see the space as often as we do! Other technologies for capturing visuals include photographs (procore or manual), drones, timelapse cameras, etc. This got me to thinking, wouldn’t it be great if the openspace captures could be used to create timelapses on the project. It would be awesome to be able to click a button when in a capture and see a timelapse of that area since the start of the project. Currently while in Openspace you can go back in time when in a capture, but I think it would be even better if you could do a timelapse in an area. I don’t think this is a critical feauture, but thought it would be a nice to have if not to hard to implement. I feel as though the power of a timelapse would all depend on the image quality and how often captures are taken. Excited to see what other ideas everyone has. :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I think that especially with CoVID and the rise of work flexibility and emphasis on worker welfare this has a big potential to transform the construction industry.  More and more workers are looking for work flexibility and adoption of technology to ease their work flow.  Construction typically has been a slow to adopt market and routinely has a habit of solving problems and meeting deadlines by working crazy amounts of overtime and burning people out.  I think that this technology could be tremendously beneficial for worker welfare allowing for some roles in the industry to have the flexibility to work remotely at times and also will do a better job tracking and updating the team on progress and issues to avoid unnecessary delays and overtime.   

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Openspace is great to track progress and with the field notes your able to capture important images. It would be neat if Openspace had a feature that regardless of when field note was taken it would display on the most up to date recording, Once image is opened it will bring you to recording of taken image and have a note specifying the date as to not cause confusion. Secondly, having a feature that lets you have a section for mechanical equipment inspections - this would entail a faster connectivity to main device and preset options to pull up correct inspection type. Can build upon if initial idea calls your attention. 

Badge

OpenSpace has a great feature of visualizing the 3D model and reality capture side by side synchronously. It would be great if we can compare the reality capture to the imported 3D model for any variations or deviations from designed model to the actual construction, For example like finding how much offset a HVAC pipe is from its designed position and is it creating any interference to other pipelines. I think this feature might be helpful in avoiding the errors in construction before they become beyond the repair, or saving time and money. 3D, Lidar scans which are already implemented in OpenSpace might be helpful in comparing the designed model with the reality capture to the nearest accuracy possible.

Userlevel 4

Hello! Thank you to everyone who joined our webinar last week and who participated in our community challenge! 

We are excited to announce our winners:

• :trophy::first_place:Product Team Brainstorming Lunch -The product team really liked all of the submitted ideas, so we would like to invite all of you to two brainstorming sessions @Akhil @Mauricio_R @Gerard @Brycethomassin @Krista.Gleason@nikiya will follow up to coordinate scheduling! 
    • First Session: Field Notes, BIM, QA/QC, and Timelapse 
    • Second Session: Safety
  • :credit_card::sunglasses:Gift Card Winner - Congrats @egleason! @nikiya will DM you to access your gift card. 

Let me know if you have any questions! Final thank you to everyone who participated! 

Userlevel 7

@Krista.Gleason @Brycethomassin @Gerard @Mauricio_R @Akhil

I just sent you all a link to submit your availability for these brainstorming sessions. Please check your OpenSpace Community DMs! Let me know if you have any questions.