3/23/22 Webinar Wednesday: OpenSpace Track One-Year Anniversary!

3/23/22 Webinar Wednesday: OpenSpace Track One-Year Anniversary!
Userlevel 3

Thanks to everyone who participated in the 3/23/22 Webinar Wednesday: OpenSpace Track One-Year Anniversary! If you were not able to attend live but still want to participate in the activities below to win some rewards, we will link the recording here as soon as it is available so you can get caught up. You need to participate by Friday, March 25, 2022, 11:59 PM PDT if you want to be eligible to win the prizes.

If you want to connect with any of the OpenSpace Track Webinar guest speakers in the Community or have any follow-up questions:

• Amanda Finnerty (Director of Internal Operations, Commodore Builders) - @afinnerty 
  • Nathalie Assens (Senior Project Manager, Commodore Builders) - @Nathalie 
  • Mike Trabold (Associate Product Manager, OpenSpace) - @MikeTraboldOS 
  • Michaela Rhile (Associate Product Manager, OpenSpace) - @Michaela Rhile 
  • Jess Lam (Director of Product, OpenSpace) - @Jess Lam 
  • Georgie Thomas (Onboarding Manager, OpenSpace) - @georgie 
  • Nikiya Crisostomo (Head of Community, OpenSpace) - @nikiya 

🎁  To celebrate the one-year birthday of OpenSpace Track, we are giving away some prizes! 

The following are the rewards you can win:

• 💳  Everyone who completes all the steps outlined below will receive a $20 Amazon gift card (or equivalent, if you are in a country without Amazon)!

• 🍶  Everyone who completes all the steps outlined below will be entered into the raffle to win an OpenSpace-branded Ember Travel Mug. The randomly chosen winner will be announced on Monday March 28th!

• 💡  The Product team will select some of the best responses and invite the winners to an ideation session with the Product team to further discuss the future development of OpenSpace Track. This is a great opportunity to have your OpenSpace Track ideas and inputs be heard!

🙋  What to do to be eligible to win the prizes! (It’s as easy as 1-2-3 🤓)

If you want to be eligible for any/all of the prizes listed above, make sure you do the following by Friday, March 25, 2022, 11:59 PM PST.

1. ✅  Be a registered member of the OpenSpace Community and make sure your Community profile is complete (Name, Company, Job Title, City, Country)! 

2. 🔽  Fill out the poll below.

3. 📝  Comment on this post explaining WHY you voted the way you did on the poll.

NOTE: All 3 steps must be completed in order to be eligible for the rewards!

Feel free to also reply to this post for any of the following reasons:

• If you have any other questions or comments that we did not get to discuss during the webinar
  • If you want to continue networking with other attendees (introduce yourself in the comments and meet other OpenSpace users!)

What are you most excited about on the ClearSight roadmap?

21 replies

Badge

Progress with overhead MEP is always hard to track, so I think our site teams would really appreciate for this to be automated!

Badge
as a professional contractor, we want to better anticipate what happens during execution and even predict with AI. With OpenSpace this should work 😀

Badge

Schedule Insights to be able to connect progress observations with an actual project schedule.

Badge

MEP is quite often the cause for delays so this feature would help tremendously.

Overall schedule tracking is critical to project success.  Tracking progress of individual scopes and having a way to document and log status is very valuable.  

Badge

Overhead MEP FP tracking is crucial in keeping the project on track and moving forward. As designs become more complex, layering trades in a corridor for example is becoming necessary on almost every project we do.  Being able to track individual trade progress will allow me to better schedule other trades and keep everyone on schedule.  My 2nd would be Schedule Insights. 

Badge

The MEP tracker would be a very beneficial tool for internal and trade partner management being able to track their work without physically walking the entire site to check progress.

Badge

Capturing overhead MEP progress has been the main concern of all contractors forever , being able to capture the different MEP systems and tracking the progress will be very valuable

Badge

Being able to have an up-to-date, easily and quickly accessible look at true percent complete for MEP trades’ installation would be incredibly powerful, especially when combined with the ability to track structure & drywall already. Quantity tracking for such a major portion of construction and schedule insights tie together really well to give a true picture of where the project is (and where it is or isn’t on track to be in the future), which has been a tedious thing to track in the past.

Badge

Also, we’ve seen many times that progress with MEP gets quantified approximately and 30% in one persons opinion might vary significantly from another ones - that’s why I’m looking forward for AI to take over and resolve this.

Badge

Schedule forecast integrated with a 3D model and its metadata, in an industrial setting rather than a commercial setting, is our vision for OpenSpace and ClearSight.  

Badge

The tracking process is cumbersome.  Clearsight’s product is intriguing.  If accuracy, functionality  and user interface is acceptable this product will be investigated.

Badge

Overall MEP FP Tracking to expand on the existing valuable trackers

Badge

Having strong data supporting schedule progress can be very useful. I’m excited to see how clearsight develops and gets incorporated into project management and progress tracking.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Floor tracking looks like a great addition!! Really nice presentation! 🤘

Badge

The MEP tracking could be the most useful aspect. With a high level BIM project like a Hospital or large manufacturing, coordinating the flow of MEP contractors can be difficult and this can be a good communication tool.

Userlevel 7

Thank you for all the responses so far! Great feedback 😊

Reminder that the deadline to vote on the poll and comment on this post to be eligible for the webinar prizes is today, March 25, 2022 at 11:59 PDT. So we’re down to the final hours ⏱️

The delivery of all prizes will be coordinated on Monday, March 28, 2022! 🎁

Userlevel 7

Hi everyone, by this point, all participants should have either already gotten their Amazon gift cards or have gotten messages from me explaining that we’re looking for Amazon gift card alternatives for your region. Make sure to check your direct messages in the Community! If I somehow missed anyone here and you have gotten no messages from me, please let me know.

Next, I wanted to announce the winner of the Ember Travel Mug! CONGRATULATIONS TO @sylvie.bouffard!!! 🎉

Sylvie was chosen randomly. To have fun with it, I inputted all participants’ names in a random name picker, and the system chose Sylvie 😁

Sylvie, I will coordinate with you through Community DMs to make sure we get your prize delivered to you.

Finally, we will announce the winner(s) of the Product Team ideation sessions in the next couple of days. Keep an eye out!

Userlevel 7

We have finished reviewing all the responses and selecting the winners for the Product Team ideation sessions! We had such great responses and it was hard to pick 😆

In the end, to make it easier, since Overhead MEP FP Tracking got the most votes in the poll, the Product Team has selected everyone who commented regarding that topic. Congratulations to @Ivana @Mukesh @HCIDroneGuy @BrianV @Orlikam @abynum @Nathalie @Mevans!

The Product Team would like to host 2 separate sessions with the winners:

• Field - @Mevans @Nathalie @BrianV 
  • BIM/VDC/Tech - @Ivana @Mukesh @HCIDroneGuy @Orlikam @abynum 

I will be reaching out to the winners in the next couple of days to coordinate scheduling these sessions. Monitor your direct messages in the Community!

Finally, the Product Team may still reach out to some of the other participants (even if you didn’t “win”) to follow up on any comments that may have been especially interesting -- and they may end up still scheduling sessions directly with you 😅 I guess in the end, everyone is a winner in the OpenSpace Community!

Userlevel 7

Winners of the Product Team ideation sessions:

@Mevans @Nathalie @BrianV @Ivana @Mukesh @HCIDroneGuy @Orlikam @abynum 

Please check your Community DMs and make sure to fill out the poll with your availability by this Friday April 8th! I can schedule the sessions from there 🙂 Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Product ideation session winners: Reminder to fill out the poll with your availability today!