Question

Clearing Data From 360 Camera

• 8 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How do you all handle space on the camera’s SD card? I have twice now came into an error when trying to capture that there is not enough space on the card. We are using insta 360 ONE X2 cameras. The fix has been to use the insta360 app to manually delete the oldest videos/captures.

Is there a setting that makes this more automated? We have a 64 GB SD card currently and I could see using a bigger one, but it will still be an issue eventually. Thanks in advance for your help!

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello @Alex_PEC ,

I have the same insta ONE X2 and I am using an iPhone 13 with the OpenSpace app. 

You have a point by mentioning this. But it means you do a lot of captures ! 

A solution to this could be that after transfering the captures on the phone, it automatically deletes the capture from the Insta ONE X2 sd card ? 

As you said, buying a bigger sd card could be a temporary solution. 

What’s the frequence you have to clear the memory ? 

Userlevel 3

A solution to this could be that after transfering the captures on the phone, it automatically deletes the capture from the Insta ONE X2 sd card ? 

I mean this is a solution OpenSpace could work on.

Userlevel 7

I mean this is a solution OpenSpace could work on.

Thank you for pointing this out @Olivier Vanlandeghem! Would you mind submitting this as a product idea so our product team can track it? Thank you very much for your helpful suggestions, keep them coming! 🔥

Userlevel 7

Also, here’s a related product idea that had previously been submitted.

It’s not a direct solution, but if you find that this could be an improvement to your experience, please upvote!👍 @Alex_PEC @Olivier Vanlandeghem 

Userlevel 3

It’s not a direct solution, but if you find that this could be an improvement to your experience, please upvote!👍 @Alex_PEC @Olivier Vanlandeghem 

Hello ! 

Indeed it’s not a direct solution but it helped me to understand something else :-)

I made a new topic product idea here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Alex Crownover Desktop Sync App has always worked with uploading videos and deleting old SD card storage. I’m able to access the device driver and manually delete.

I know its not automated but at least I can easily see how much data a video file takes up. I typically clear my memory every two weeks as I have a 64 GB SD card as my average videos are about 30-45 minutes.

Great idea about automating clearing camera SD card storage!