Has anyone tried the recently released Field Note Photo Markups?

• 17 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5

Collaboration with Field Notes just got easier with photo markups! Mark your location on your floor plan and add a Field Note. Call attention to specific issues in the photo, sketch the correct orientation, or just make your point more obvious. These markups can be seen on mobile and on web. Annotate photos out in the filed and then the office can confirm that they got the message. 

Please share thoughts here after you have tried the photo markup capability! 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes I used it the other day to help make a site logistics plan. The new functions worked perfectly!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I have not tried it, but this will come in handy in crowded building spaces when I need to point to a specific item to notate. I’m going to update some of my previous field notes. This is a great tool!

Userlevel 5

Nice @KevLyons - - glad you are excited about it! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

In principle it’s a very useful tool and a handy addition to the Field Notes! However, I have noticed that in the text function (not the speach bubble) when writing a sentence rather than just some words, the font of the text is extremely small and thus unreadable - this is the case for text written on both the computer and smartphone. Therefore, please include the possibility to set the font size. Thank you! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

We will be testing these notes out with our safety team to make safety observations this week, looks like a powerful tool! 

Userlevel 7

@RichardM -- Thank you for the feedback! We will take this back to our Product team.