Product Update

Opening the Door to OpenSpace Track Door Tracking!

Opening the Door to OpenSpace Track Door Tracking!
Userlevel 3

🔎 What?

A new progress tracker! 📈 Leverage the power of OpenSpace Track to ensure you never lose track of another door ever again. With OpenSpace Track door tracking, users can track the installation of door frames and hanging of door panels across the entire project. Hours of walking the site counting doors with a notebook can be reduced to minutes with OpenSpace’s passive capture and OpenSpace Track’s intuitive progress dashboards. Know the installation status of any door, monitor crew productivity, get clear visibility into remaining work, and so much more with OpenSpace Track door tracking.

🤔 Why did we build this?

Because we all know doors can be a pain 😅 Miscommunication between contractors and vendors, production issues, delivery mixups, and simply losing material on site make the process of managing the installation of doors complex and at times frustrating. We understand that anyone managing the installation of doors needs as much actionable data at their fingertips so that a missing frame or panel never holds up other trades. 

We all have door stories🚪and we’d love to hear yours! 👂

When I was a contractor, my worst experience with doors was simply in material management. On a 650+ room hotel with thousands of doors, we had 5 decorative rated metal door panels. They were delivered along with the 1st delivery of frames, so naturally they sat in storage until they were needed. When they were needed 18 months later, they were nowhere to be found, so it fell onto me as the project engineer to go find them. The most likely location they would be was the garage, all 16 acres of it full with miscellaneous construction materials. After three hours of searching and a lot of help from anyone I could muster we finally found those 5 lonely doors. After all that, we realized the wrong frames had been installed, so it’d be another week before we needed the doors. At least that time, we remembered where they were. 😏

🤓 Have a door story you’d like to share? Tell us in the comments below and you may be featured on our social media! 

🙋 Interested in tracking doors on your OpenSpace project? Reach out to your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager to get started!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can’t wait to try this out on our next project!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

My current project is missing a couple of doors and I thought of this post.  (Shaking fist in air) Should’ve gotten ClearSight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Anodizedfate its never too late!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I had a Viking funeral for my missing doors already.