Openspace Data

• 1 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is anyone currently getting data from Openspace about captures or usage? If so what are you doing with it. If not what data would you want to see, and how would you use it?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Great question Cameron. My company gets data from Openspace and uses it in our tech update. Information includes top users who have the most captures. I think it would be interesting to get a yearly recap which shows data from the year in a nice visual. This could include top users, captures taken (360 and photos), field notes taken, users, sheets (plans) uploaded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Brycethomassin if you get it in a csv file then you should be able to pull it into PowerBi and make visuals and slicers to help with that, that's what we do.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

That’s great, thanks for letting me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Brycethomassin no problem! We get similar data but we get info for every capture so we know what camera is being use, who is capturing, where they are capturing, how long they are capturing, approx SF captured, and how many photos. With this data we can figure out how much we are spending on capturing and it helps with camera tracking.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Camera tracking would be very helpful. It would be nice to see what camera is being used on what project. Thanks for the info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Brycethomassin it is super helpful making my camera hunting life less stressful. We are hoping to get a better idea on camera life too so we can start to gauge how long a camera has before we need to replace it.  

Userlevel 1

Yea I get the .csv data in a pulse report from OpenSpace and throw it into a Power Bi dashboard. Have a couple different boards from high level overview data down to project specific ones.

Other than flashy marketing numbers, the main reason I use it is to track the people that are actually doing the captures. This way if I see something wrong being done on a project, I know who to reach out to and inform on the correct way they should be doing it.

Right now, I’m trying to add a way to send targeted emails to those filtered lists of people in the dashboard so I can share the latest capture recommendations with those who need it and not spam entire groups of employees.