Playback Function

• 20 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Has anyone utilized the “playback” function on the web version during meetings? I know it usually takes a lot of bandwidth to run it while on a virtual meeting but seems the 0.5 speed is the most effective with the options provided. I wouldn't mind seeing a 0.25 speed option. 

Looking to see if anyone else uses this and how you apply it or showcase it with the teams. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I like the idea of this feature but as you mentioned it takes alot of bandwith and by the tiemt he photo has loaded completely it is already on to the next spot. I agree with you on the .25 speed option.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing, I didn’t realize that you could play with the speed! After reviewing, I agree that 0.25 would be nice to have.

Userlevel 3

@E_M_KC @Cwahl @Brycethomassin 

Thanks all for your feedback. I think this is a great idea! I’ve gone ahead and submitted this product request to our team. Hopefully we can integrate this additional playback speed in the near future. 

Userlevel 4

Thanks for shouting out the playback feature @E_M_KC! I’ve heard of a lot of QC and Safety Managers use this feature to virtually walk their jobsites. I typically recommend using the 0.5 playback speed but we have definitely had requests come through in the past to add a 0.25 playback speed.

For now, if you are interested in using the playback feature at a slower speed, I’d recommend switching playback in the 0.5 speed, pause the video when you get to an area of interest, and click the next/previous frames until you find what you are looking for. It’s a bit tedious with the clicking, but it will prevent the screen from jumping to the next image when you get to a location you want to take a closer look at.