Solved

Remove BIM project to link to BIM360 project

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

We have a project where we uploaded a revit model into the Openspace using the Upload project. We have a BIM360 project and linked it with the architects BIM360 project but do not see the BIM360 project in the viewer, but the old uploaded model. Can we switch this out for the BIM360 link? or is this not how the BIM360 project link works?

Thanks in advance

Damon

icon

Best answer by Sandi McLaughlin 8 April 2022, 20:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi Damon, 

Thank you for posting a question. I believe this question is speaking of models and BIM360 integration so my answer below will outline both topics.

Model Upload or Reupload
To upload a Revit model into your OpenSpace project it is done: OpenSpace > Select Project Settings of the desired Project > Upload BIM > Upload File. Then once the file has uploaded this will generate a ticket for our teams automatically to align the model with your 360 Video captures. Whenever you have a new model to upload you will follow the same steps, but now “Replace File” is visible instead of Upload File: OpenSpace > Select Project Settings of the desired Project > Upload BIM > Replace File.

BIM360 Integration Setup 

Within an OpenSpace project 1 integration can be established. If BIM360 is the integration of choice for your project it is setup within OpenSpace. To have it as a viewable project to link there are 3 prerequisites: 1) be a OS Admin, 2) be on BIM360 Next Gen (Field Management) only, and 3) be a BIM360 Account Administrator to install the OpenSpace app.  Once these three are met then we can proceed with the steps.

Sign into OpenSpace with BIM Login > Select Project Settings of the desired Project > Integration > Click BIM360 box > Select project > Submit

BIM360 Integration Removal

If at any point you want to remove the integration with the project you have set up to 1) switch to a new project within the same integration or to setup a new integration the existing one will need to be removed: OpenSpace > Select Project Settings of the desired Project > Integration > 3 vertical dots > Unlink Project > Confirm 

If neither of these address the issue more than happy to provide additional assistance. A screenshot for a visual reference would be fabulous.

Happy Friday!

Userlevel 1
Badge

So - if I am reading this correctly - Linking to BIM360 project does not allow you to see the BIM360 model in the viewer - you still have to upload a file into the model upload area.

What does linking to a BIM360 project give you access to then?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Damon AM Perhaps to link a filed note to RFIs? Similar to the Procore integration (link to RFI or observation)? On our end, to view models, we upload a NWD file (containing all models).

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Damon AM Perhaps to link a filed note to RFIs? Similar to the Procore integration (link to RFI or observation)? On our end, to view models, we upload a NWD file (containing all models).

Yes - I think I finally came to that conclusion. Linking BIM360 project is for other things, not the viewer.