Solved

Ricoh Theta Camera MAX video time

• 21 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

To all OpenSpace users in the community. Is it true for the Ricoh Theta Z1 the maximum capture time PER video is 25min? I connected the camera to the OpenSpace app and it says "max capture 25min" Is there a way to increase this?

icon

Best answer by Nikiya Crisostomo 22 March 2022, 17:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I experience the same capture length limitations. However, I usually will do one floor at a time for a capture which takes less than 25 minutes. Once I am done I just add another 360 capture that starts on the next floor down. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I usually try to cap my walks to less than 10 minutes simply for faster upload time to the cloud so I’m not waiting on my phone for several minutes.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for sharing your best practices @aabaker & @Gerard!

@KevLyons -- The Ricoh Theta Z1 is capable of reliably capturing only 25 minutes at a time. A user can have a battery pack attached to a Theta and still capture, but regardless, each individual capture limit is going to be 25 minutes max (15 min capture limit for uploading on mobile and 25 min for uploading on desktop). As Aaron and Gerard suggested, breaking a longer capture into sections is the best way to go.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks everyone for your feedback!