Question

Spot (Boston Dynamics) and OpenSpace

• 31 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

How can we integrate the OpenSpace application with the Boston Dynamics Spot robot to automate the documentation process on construction sites, and enable it to perform the task regularly without human assistance?

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Interesting use case! I’m not familiar with Spot’s functionalities but I have heard something similar being done.

Check out this article with HITT Construction and how they utilize OpenSpace with SPOT. https://www.openspace.ai/blog/construction-360-photo-documentation-easy-for-spot-the-robot/ 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your answer! I had already seen this article during my research, unfortunately it won’t help me because we are looking to automatise the robot without human assistance and in this case a responsable has to begin/stop the capture and upload it.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Angel! Just checking in on your interesting topic here -- Spot & reality capture are definitely being explored and discussed a lot these days. Are you posting this question more to hear from Community members about what they’ve seen and learned, and about any experience they may have on this? Or are you posting this question more for the OpenSpace Product team to consider?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nikiya Crisostomo, I'm posting this to find out if anyone has dealt with this type of procedure before, and if it's the first time, it's something that the OpenSpace Product Team could consider.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Nikiya Crisostomo, I'm posting this to find out if anyone has dealt with this type of procedure before, and if it's the first time, it's something that the OpenSpace Product Team could consider.

@Angel Got it -- I was just trying to determine if it’s best as a discussion topic (open to all Community members to chime in) or as a Product Idea (official feature request submitted to the Product Team for consideration). For now, I’ll leave it as a discussion topic, and if you’d like the Product Team to consider it, you can submit it as a separate Product Idea! Thank you 🙂