Solved

Sync Problem with ricoh theta z1 with desktop app

• 30 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

i have 2 new Ricoh Tetha z1, and i am not able to sync it with the desktop sync app.

I am very familiar with the Desktop sync app, i have almost 2 years with a insta one x, and i sync it with the Desktop app with out any problem.

I am already , do all the thinks i can, desinstall and re install, update app,  check that the files can be view with the desktop file explorer, etc…

Let me know if some one else have this problem.

icon

Best answer by Sandi McLaughlin 10 March 2022, 19:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5

Humberto! You definitely know your stuff!

I am glad we connected this evening to gather additional information to further investigate this for you! We now know more about this issue and our Engineers are hard at work looking into a resolution. In the meantime, Support has noted workarounds to the customers impacted by this situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We had an issue with memory space on the Z1 as you can not insert a SD card like in the Insta360s but we haven't had upload problems.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Humberto! You definitely know your stuff!

I am glad we connected this evening to gather additional information to further investigate this for you! We now know more about this issue and our Engineers are hard at work looking into a resolution. In the meantime, Support has noted workarounds to the customers impacted by this situation.

Where can we find the workaround information? I am currently experiencing this issue.

Userlevel 5

Hi @mdriscoll thanks for connecting with us. There are a variety of errors that could be associated with uploading captures. The best first step is to connect with support so that we can collect data from your experience to then develop the best plan for you. I will have a team member send you over an email shortly. 

Userlevel 5

This is to wrap up the original issue posted by Humberto.

When using the Sync app (vs .41), a Ricoh Theta Z1 camera would be connected to the computer and the Sync app would not recognize the camera. As a result of the camera not being recognized the captures were not uploading to OpenSpace. 

From data gathered from Humberto the Engineers were able to pin point the Powershell (used by Ricoh cameras) script was failing when connecting to the Sync app. The resolution the Engineers provided was a new version of the Sync app.

Special shout out to @humberto  for working closely with the support team to help our Engineers come up with a resolution.

@mdriscoll we are addressing your report of the Sync app with the Engineers as there was a specific error called out. We will circle back with you on that email thread for next steps or resolution shortly.

For all who experience a camera connection issue in the future, connecting with support to run through some questions and grab some screenshots/recordings is a great first start to narrow down the error you are receiving and the possible cause(s). 

Thank you to everyone who has weighed in on this topic! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@sandram I have a follow up question with the ricoh theta z1. Is it true that for the ricoh theta the maximum capture time PER video is 25min? I connected the camera to the OpenSpace app and it says "max capture 25min" Is there a way to increase this?

Userlevel 7

@KevLyons has re-posted the above as its own topic and it has received responses -- FYI for anyone with a similar question regarding the Ricoh Theta Z1 capture limit!