Apply to be the Waypoint 2023 Community Guest Speaker!

Apply to be the Waypoint 2023 Community Guest Speaker!
Userlevel 7

📢 We recently announced and opened registration for Waypoint 2023, our virtual customer summit on Thursday, June 8, 2023.

As we do at this event every year, we want to feature our Community! We are looking for a Community guest speaker to be featured at Waypoint by sharing their experience with being a member of the OpenSpace Community. Since the event is virtual, you can be the guest speaker no matter where you’re located! This is your chance to be highlighted in front of the global construction industry as an innovator and influencer in the space :earth_americas:

If you are interested in being the Community guest speaker for Waypoint 2023, please submit this short application by Tuesday April 18, 2023, 11:59 PM PDT. 

We will review applications and announce the chosen guest speaker by Thursday April 20, 2023. See below for answers to some of the questions you may be considering before applying. (But if you’re even asking yourselves these questions to begin with, we think you should apply 😉)

WHAT WORK IS REQUIRED TO BE THE COMMUNITY GUEST SPEAKER?

Honestly, it’s easy! The chosen guest speaker would need to be able to virtually meet with the OpenSpace team for an hour the week of April 24, 2023 (the last week of April). We will hold your online “interview” during that hour, where we’ll record our conversation as you share your OpenSpace Community experience. The OpenSpace team will then take that recording to pull together the OpenSpace Community video that will be featured at Waypoint. We may reach out for additional materials and information to make sure we feature you in the best way possible, but nothing more substantial would be needed besides preparing and showing up for that one online interview.

CAN I GET A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT IT WOULD MEAN TO BE AN OPENSPACE COMMUNITY GUEST SPEAKER AT WAYPOINT?

Yes! Here are two amazing examples from our first two years of Waypoint. @Cameron Wahl was our Community guest speaker for our first Waypoint in 2021 and @Helio was our Community guest speaker for Waypoint last year.

SHOULD I APPLY?

💡 Have you been one of our top submitters of feature requests through our Product Ideas section, interacting back and forth with our Product team to make OpenSpace better for the construction industry?

📈 Have you been active in one of our Community groups, providing input that has been helpful in strengthening our Community?

💬 Have you been using the discussion forums to ask and answer questions from other Community members in order to learn together?

🤝 Have you attended past Community events and built relationships with our Community that just strengthened your personal and professional network?

❓ Any other ways you’ve engaged with and participated in the OpenSpace Community that we haven’t even thought of?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Kev Lyons lets get some Lendlease rep going!

Userlevel 7

@Kev Lyons lets get some Lendlease rep going!

@Kev Lyons I support this!!! Excited to see your application 😉

Userlevel 7

🚨 REMINDER: 🚨

Applications are due by tomorrow, April 18, 2023, 11:59 PM PDT!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Nikiya Crisostomo @Gerard O'Donnell I submitted my application!

Userlevel 7

We have reviewed all the applications. Thank you to everyone who applied 🙏 We loved reading your OpenSpace Community stories 💙

This year, we’ve chosen TWO Community speakers! 🙌

@Gerard O'Donnell &@Kev Lyons will represent Lendlease together, and with Gerard as Superintendent and Kevin as VDC Engineer, their different use cases and perspectives on OpenSpace would be very interesting. Both have also been active and engaged Community members for years, so their stories coming together at Lendlease is an amazing testament to our Community!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Can’t wait to see you two featured at Waypoint 😁