Solved

Intergrate with Autodesk Build

Userlevel 1
Badge

When OpenSpace intergrates with Autodesk Build (Part of Autodesk Construction Cloud)?

icon

Best answer by Richard Acton-Maher 8 March 2022, 02:06

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Thien, thanks for your post! We are working on this integration and expect to have it available for our customers later this year.

Userlevel 2

I should note we’re also seeking users of ACC/Build to help define the integration, if anyone reading this is currently using ACC/Build on an active project, we would love to hear it in the comments!

Badge

I should note we’re also seeking users of ACC/Build to help define the integration, if anyone reading this is currently using ACC/Build on an active project, we would love to hear it in the comments!

Hi Richard @RichardOS, would be willing to aid in defining the integration, have 6+ years of design/construction experience utilizing BIM 360 and now ACC for digital project deliveries.

Great initiative for the platform!

Userlevel 2

Thanks @SLamrock, appreciate the offer! I will follow up with you offline!

Badge

Any updates on when this will be released?

Userlevel 2

Hi @weobimguy! Unfortunately it looks like this will be toward the end of this year, hopefully by end of November. We are hopeful once we get deep into the work we’ll realize much of it is already covered by our existing BIM 360 integration, but we won’t know until we have the time to dig in. In case anyone is curious what we are working on now, we’re currently finishing up some Beta feedback tweaks to our PlanGrid integration, and working on finishing up the Procore Punchlist integration.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Richard @RichardOS - we’re using ACC/Build and would like to be involved as well - this integration would go a long way to providing value for our teams using OpenSpace!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a chance to test this function.
But somehow I could not see the pdf file as attachment in Autodesk Build (RFI).
Do you have any instruction related to this intergration? @Richard Acton-Maher 

Userlevel 2

thanks for reporting this @Thien Ly! @Akshay Chaand can you help?

Badge

Hello @Thien Ly . Thanks for bringing this up. We identified this earlier this week and are planning to provide a solution to this soon. Currently, the attachments are getting created in the Documents folder. Once the fix is available, i will keep you posted. Please let us know if you come across any other feedback as well. Thanks again, 

Is there a way to customise where the attachments are created? On BIM360 a new folder was created in the root of Project Files, which was a problem for permission settings which we set by role within our project folder structure. The solution was to move the folder into another folder that had the right set of permissions.

This is fine while I’m project admin, but if I try and setup ACC on a partner hub that I have limited permissions, I suspect that creating a new folder in the root of Project File will not be permitted, nor would moving the folder if it was created. I will test this once our partner has enabled OpenSpace on their hub.

Userlevel 7

@Akshay Chaand Would you be able to address @BrendanMcF’s question and comment above?

Badge

Hello @Thien Ly  - Apologies for the delay in update. We have been able to add a solution to attach attachments to the RFI in ACC. This is now available in production. Please let me know if you happen to check and still having any issues with it. Thanks for your patience. 

Badge

Hello @BrendanMcF ,

Thanks for bringing this up. With ACC Build, Autodesk might have changed the way folders are accessed and now i am more curious, if you will be able to create those folders. With the RFI, attachments are added as a reference to those document files. Can you please help us verify if you are able to create a new folder and that attachments are getting referenced as well? I am happy to test this with you in ACC if that makes it easier.

Hi @Akshay Chaand I am not the admin of the ACC hub we are working on, it belongs to our contractor, also we are not using RFI’s in ACC on the project. I will ask if it is possible to test.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @Thien Ly  - Apologies for the delay in update. We have been able to add a solution to attach attachments to the RFI in ACC. This is now available in production. Please let me know if you happen to check and still having any issues with it. Thanks for your patience. 

Thank you, it works now.
Still waiting for the intergration with Issue.