Solved

clearing my cache of captures on my ipad

• 13 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

HELP. obviously im overlooking a simple thing here but nonetheless HELP. i cant seem to clear out or delete my cache of captures uploaded from the camera to my ipad. i tried to upload new captures today and was told dby my ipad it didnt have enough storage to upload new video. after looking into my devices internal storage it seems i have 16GB og data worth of old openspace videos. i cant seem to delete old video from the device no matter where i look. im sure its me and not the device. can someone point me in the right direction here? am i able to clear old captures from my ipad and still keep them in the cloud?

icon

Best answer by Claire Aldridge 13 December 2021, 23:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3

@ReaJoshua

Thanks for flagging this! Can you confirm that all of the previous captures before today had been successfully uploaded? 

After each capture has been successfully uploaded (via mobile upload and/or the OpenSpace Desktop Sync App on your computer), the captures should automatically be deleted from the app and should not take up any storage. I have notified our engineering team and they are hard at work investigating this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@clairealdridge We had a similar issue in the past with storage on a 360 camera. The captures were not being deleted so they had to reformat the SD card every so often. I havent heard of an issue in a while but I do give our project teams a heads up about this when briefing them on Openspace for the first time.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@clairealdridge  i currently have 297 captures uploaded with no problems. i am just at max internal storage capacity and i cant figure out how to clear my cache from my device and still keep in the cloud

Userlevel 3

@clairealdridge We had a similar issue in the past with storage on a 360 camera. The captures were not being deleted so they had to reformat the SD card every so often. I havent heard of an issue in a while but I do give our project teams a heads up about this when briefing them on Openspace for the first time.

@Cwahl Thanks for mentioning this. It’s definitely great practice to periodically erase the camera SD card.

Articles outlining steps on how to do this here:

InstaOneX

InstaOneX2

Ricoh Theta Z1

Userlevel 3

@ReaJoshua Thank you for clarifying! Let me follow up internally, and we will get back to you asap. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@clairealdridge  i cleared the camera. thank you. thats a good start. but the ipad is still full. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@clairealdridge and Cwahl

• i have found a way to work around this problem. it dosent fix the issue but if you delete the openspace app and re-install  it clears th cash of files that should have been deleted during upload. Like i said its not a fix, just a work around.
Userlevel 3

@ReaJoshua super good to know. Our eng team is working on resolving this issue asap. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience.