Introducing OpenSpace Academy!

Introducing OpenSpace Academy!

Hi OpenSpace Community,

I’m the Manager of Customer Education at OpenSpace, and I’m pleased to announce the launch of the
OpenSpace Academy📚

In partnership with @Nikiya Crisostomo, we saw your requests and discussions for more resources to learn about our products – whether it was looking for quick one-pagers to help first-time users adopt OpenSpace, or deeper dives into product features to be able to get the most out of OpenSpace for the more experienced users. So we’ve been working hard for the last few months to launch this valuable resource for you all!

What is OpenSpace Academy?

OpenSpace Academy is our new learning platform of free, on-demand courses with easy-to-follow instructions and tips on the best ways to make maximum use of OpenSpace tools and features. Follow our short courses to set up a new project, take your first site walk, and navigate your jobsite with ease.

📜 In the Academy, you can get a very shareable certificate upon course completion! You can share your certificates on LinkedIn.
🏅 In the Community, you can earn the Academy Foundations Badge(Note: You have to be a registered Community member in order to earn the Community Foundations badge. There could be a few days’ delay between completing a course and getting the Community badge.)

Academy Foundations Badge

What can I learn at the OpenSpace Academy?

To start, we’re offering four courses that teach the fundamentals of 360° reality capture, as well as a couple brief, feature-specific modules to show you the ins and outs of our powerful tools like 3D Scan, Split View, Field Notes and BIM Compare. We’ll add more courses on a regular basis with content covering every aspect of reality capture to help you discover how OpenSpace adds value at each stage of construction, from precon to handoff. 

• OpenSpace fundamentals courses: Whether you need to set up a new project, capture your site, or navigate through your 360° virtual building, we have a course for you!

• OpenSpace feature modules: Learn how to use key OpenSpace features like 3D Scan and Split View to the fullest in these helpful modules and understand how our available integrations can help streamline your workflows.

How do I access OpenSpace Academy?

You can access OpenSpace Academy through the Community! Just click on Academy in the main navigation menu of Community. Similarly, Community is in the main navigation menu of Academy. You can easily go back and forth, learning from other Community members by asking and answering each other’s questions in the Community, and learning by taking the courses and earning the certifications available in the Academy.

📧  OpenSpace Academy is open to everyone! If you are an OpenSpace user, make sure to sign up with your OpenSpace email address for the best experience.

What else can I expect from OpenSpace Academy?

As I continue to build out OpenSpace Academy with more learning materials and more robust paths to certification, it will be in close partnership with OpenSpace Community. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for improvement, I am all ears! At any point, feel free to drop your thoughts in the comments below, and I will make sure to take your feedback into consideration. 🗨

🤓 See you in OpenSpace Academy, let’s learn!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!